Fundamental and applied research in the field of soil science, agrichemistry.
- conservation, reproduction of soil fertility and scientific foundations for the rational use of soil and land resources;
- study of patterns of soil formation and changes in soil processes, monitoring of the current state of soil surface, soil-reclamation and soil ecological state, their assessment, design of electronic versions of soil and thematic maps based on GIS technologies);
- agrochemical survey of agricultural land and compilation of electronic versions of agrochemical cartograms of fields and development of recommendations for the rational use of fertilizers;
- development of domestic innovative technologies for improving soil fertility and productivity of agricultural crops and their introduction into production;
- development of new standards for the use of soil nutrients and fertilizers and creation of a model for formation of planned yields of major agricultural crops.
- training and upgrading of young scientists and specialists, wide dissemination of knowledge and promotion of innovative technologies.